Large Beko Fridge Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased second hand a large stainless steel fridge freezer, with no handbook. The fridge part works fine but the freezer does not seem to work. The top shelf seems fine but the lower shelves seem not to be working. The problem seems to be that the fan is not working. Anyone else experienced a similar problem.

Sponsored Links
It could be anything. Theres several temperature sensors in a fanned fridge freezer. There are often motorised baffles, and a circuit board. Any of these breaking will result in the fan not working. Dont run the unit without the fan working though - it will ice up badly.

Jenny, I know this may sound ridiculous but, have you only recently bought it. I ask because believe it or not it might be too cold for it wherever you are placing the unit. My large philips F/freezer has just been moved from the kitchen to the garage and during this cold weather the freezer has stopped working efficiently ie it can freeze water but not food. I called up the help line to be told that unless the ambient temperature is around 16c the freezer wont work!!

My son-in-law tells me all the instructions are available but he can read Turkish so not a problem for him.

I have also had problems with Beko but an induction hob. It seems they have found that although their product complies with all EU regulations the same is not true for the makers of pacemakers. Therefore they advise against using the hob for people fitted with a pacemaker.

Can't really fault them for this. At least they were honest and accept the fact that hospitals fit sub-standard pacemakers.

They were very fast to answer question put on their web site and I would ask them direct.

Sponsored Links
[url=http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/kitchen/reviews/fridge-freezers/page/features-explained/]Which[/url] said:
Climate class of fridge freezers

Every fridge freezer has a 'climate class', which tells you the range of room temperatures with which it can cope. The two you're most likely to come across in the UK are N class and SN class. Both work effectively in room temperatures up to 32°C.

N models shouldn't be used in rooms that become colder than 16°C. SN models shouldn't be used at room temperatures below 10°C.

Other classes that you might come across are ST and T. ST models work best at between 18°C and 38°C, and T models between 18°C and 43°C.

We have an old Bejam 10 cub ft chest freezer (inherited Sept. 1994 !!) in unheated garage - seems to work ok... No accessable rating plate, but I know it uses circa 7 kWh over a period of 106 hours at an ambient around 18°C. Av. 66 Watts per hour.
We bought a bejam larder fridge 256 Litre (no ice making etc) 2 or so years ago - always over filled ! 'A' rated, just used power meter on it for an extended period, 26.7 kWh over 1223 hrs, some 22 Watt / hour av.
Setting control at 4 of 5 increments.
-0-

I have also had problems with Beko but an induction hob. It seems they have found that although their product complies with all EU regulations the same is not true for the makers of pacemakers. Therefore they advise against using the hob for people fitted with a pacemaker.

Can't really fault them for this. At least they were honest and accept the fact that hospitals fit sub-standard pacemakers.

Isnt this the same situation as that of microwaves and pacemakers? Microwaves and induction hobs both create a large magnetic field, and will affect delicate electronic devices located near them no matter how sub-standard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back