Beko fridge freezer freezer fan not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It has just been a year since I bought the fridge freezer the freezer fan is not working. Fridge is fine[/list]

Sponsored Links
This in the wrong area should be in appliances. However I had a Beko freezer fail and my first thoughts was to get it repaired. However I was reasonable sure it was the main motor in my case and the cost was around half the price of the freezer to get new motor and then it still with need de-gassing fitting and re-gassing so a new freezer would not cost that much more.

I replaced with a Samsung with 10 year warranty on motor and inverter.

The old Hoover also had a problem and that was purely caused by ice. There is a small hole that when the de-frost cycle comes in leads the water onto a tray on top of the motor where it will then evaporate. If that hole gets blocked the ice will clearly build up.

The ice could stop the fan. So step one is to de-frost and check water does drain into chamber above motor.

Thanks a lot. The thing is if I keep the door open for a while the fan starts working.
Isn't the fan meant to stop working when one opens the door (and then start again when the door is closed)? - the ones in my fridges certainly work like that (I think the idea being to stop the fan blowing all the cold air out, to be replaced by warm room air, whilst the door is open).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I feel really dumb but my fan is working with open doors and making loud noise. The content is not frozen Any idea what's happening here.

I feel really dumb but my fan is working with open doors and making loud noise. The content is not frozen Any idea what's happening here.
I presume you've checked to make sure that nothing has got poked into the way of the fan blades? Assuming there is no such issue, I can but presume that the fan is on its last legs, if it's making loud noise. You said "just a year" - is the appliance still under warranty?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back