large format procelain wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
81A821DE-3626-4899-968E-A24FE1E3FA82.jpeg
Would you start with a complete tile at floor level or at shower tray level?

Which tile pattern would you use?

Sponsored Links
its a small room

Attachments

• 1817DB5B-C3BF-4734-903D-AFBA2BB1A814.jpeg
    1817DB5B-C3BF-4734-903D-AFBA2BB1A814.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 198
Sponsored Links
Usually I'll set out by finding the centre line between the floor and ceiling and work up and down from there to see if everything looks ok. If not then I'll adjust up or down until I'm happy. It might be that a full tile off your floor works out well, but is your finished floor bang on level all around the room? If not then I'd suggest starting with a cut tile from the floor, even if it means taking just a few mm off but that way you can keep all you lines horizontal. Laser levels are invaluable for making this easier. I'd stack your tiles as opposed to brickbond.

i wouldnt be happy with the small bits in your plan.

B52BCB86-55F4-4162-9486-6FB730B5CDCC.jpeg

I stacked them in the end and im happy with the result except for the grouting cock up but it’s not noticable to the average eye.

Good effort, sometimes having mini disasters is the best way to learn. Get yourself a Fugi tool set for when you silicone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back