Large Plastic Pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a complete DIY novice, but I want to make this shoe rack

http://cookielovesmilk.wordpress.com/tag/shoe-rack/

Easy enough right? Trouble is, I can't find large plastic pipe/tubes anywhere. Needs to be at least 150mm diameter. Can anyone point me in the right direction, it's driving me crazy. Seems like such a simple thing to find... :oops:

Sponsored Links
This is spam! you can find 150mm pipe work quite easily!!!

Andy

Sorry, I said I was a novice. The local DIY shops I've been too only has small pipes. And when I search online I can only find suppliers in the US. But sorry for bothering you, I'll keep looking.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help, sorry for being such a Noob!

Hmmm, I was under the impression this would be a cheap project. Guess I'll have to rethink...

Hmmm, I was under the impression this would be a cheap project. Guess I'll have to rethink...

You can get 4.5m of it for less than £24 on the link I provided that'll give you 15 holes to put shoes in. Less than £34 delivered inc VAT.

You can get 4.5m of it for less than £24 on the link I provided that'll give you 15 holes to put shoes in. Less than £34 delivered inc VAT.

Sorry, I'm must be really dense. The link you provided, it's £13.50 for 1m of pipe? Am I looking at the wrong thing? I'm really sorry, I'm not trolling, honest.

That's still the best option so far though, so thanks.

Sorry, I'm must be really dense. The link you provided, it's £13.50 for 1m of pipe? Am I looking at the wrong thing? I'm really sorry, I'm not trolling, honest.

Yeah but for reasons totally unknown the 1.5m pipe below that on is half the price!!

Yeah but for reasons totally unknown the 1.5m pipe below that on is half the price!!

Oh yeah! How strange! Thanks, you've been really helpful. I'm going to order some now.

Oh yeah! How strange! Thanks, you've been really helpful. I'm going to order some now.

No problem. It is allegedly what this site is for.

Or local skips.

Also, if you want a variation on the theme, you could salvage the ribbed black plastic pipes you often see in skips that are cut offs.

Obligatory Note: Always ask if you can take something out of a skip before doing so.

Looks like it's glued together - the glue can be obtained from a plumbers supplies (as can the pipe).

Sponsored Links
Back