What diameter size pipe is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bit of advice please.

I want to replace some existing plastic waste piping with 40mm plastic waste.

I need to connect this to an existing plastic waste of an unknown diameter.

To try and find out the diameter I wrapped a strip of paper around the pipe, measured the circumference and divided by pi (to get the outside diameter).

This gave me a number of 57.32mm for the outside diameter (obviousley my paper strip measurement wasn't EXACTLY right), so my question is can anyone tell me what size the pipe is - I believe I need to know the INSIDE diameter for plastic waste.

Could it be some wierd size or is this close to a standard size?

I want to by a reducing connector to go from the larger pipe down to 40mm and do the rest of the connections in 40mm.

Attaching a pic if it helps!

Rgds
[/img]

Sponsored Links
looks like 2" waste, nothing spectacular, can be had from most merchants.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. The consensus seems to be 2".

I had a quick search online for 2" waste pipe and oddly there was little in the results, the main ones being koi carp centres!

So is 2" common? and will I be able to get a reducer to 40mm?

OR if 2" is tricky to get, will 50mm do??

Thanks

50mm mainly used for Urinals and Vent pipe. Can be used for long runs where 40mm is not wide enough. Go down to B&Q they do 50mm reducers if you get stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back