waste pipe diameter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My downstairs neighbours have complained of water leaking. after lifting my floorboards I can see that a plastic waste pipe has somhow come away at a compression fitting. I would like to extend the pipe so that it fits into the coupling properly as it seems a bit short at the moment. The problem is that I can't find any pipe of the same diameter. I think the diameter must be about 60 mm (will have to measure tomorrow) but it is definatly bigger than 40mm. This pipe was probably put down in the 80s or 90s. Have standards changes since then?

Sponsored Links
50mm (2") would be the next size up.

Sounds like it may have sagged where it's not supported.

best bet is to cut out a section of the pipe and get the correct fittings while you are in the store. will save you messing on with incorrect fittings.
I still see plenty of waste pipe bigger than 40mm attached to macerators so it could still be a metric size rather than old imperial.

Sponsored Links
Got miles of it in me stores, not that its any good to you in Bonny Scotland :LOL:

PTS, PlumbCenter or and good plumbers merchant will have it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back