Large towels warmers and underfloor heating - help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - long time no see.

Any thing I should be aware of when fitting devi under floor heating along with 2 large towel warmers? The customer insists they want this, but I cant help thinking the heat from the towel warmers would over ride the devi mat thermostat. They have said the shop that specified it sell it all the time with no comebacks.

I cant help thinking something will clash.

Sponsored Links
the devi mat is electric right? in which case the thermocouple is located in one of the loops of the matting taking the temp of the floor so you should be ok with temp regulation. Theres an awful lot of adhesive and tiles down over it to protect it from temp fluctuations

towel warmers and bathroom rads tend not to have trv controllers and as they heat the air by convection, I wouldnt have thought that a rad, even a big one would affect the floor sensor.

maybe you should make sure that the rads and the floor sensor are as far apart as possible

the devi mat is electric right? in which case the thermocouple is located in one of the loops of the matting taking the temp of the floor so you should be ok with temp regulation. Theres an awful lot of adhesive and tiles down over it to protect it from temp fluctuations

towel warmers and bathroom rads tend not to have trv controllers and as they heat the air by convection, I wouldnt have thought that a rad, even a big one would affect the floor sensor.

maybe you should make sure that the rads and the floor sensor are as far apart as possible

Thanks for reply - this makes sense. I have to go ahead with the job regardless, but as long as I express my concerns I've covered myself. Your advice should keep things favourable.

Sponsored Links
Hi, it can cause a different problem if you do fit a TRV to the towel warmers, heat rising from the under tile heating shuts the TRV off on the towel warmer, best to stick to manual valves or avoid mat directly below the towel warmer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back