Towel warmer - heated using electric and indirect HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kudox sell a towel warmer that is listed as being able to use electric AND indirect HW to heat it.

These are usually filled with oil I thought, so does anyone have one and can they recommend it?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can have either the indirect water one with the electric heater the electric element is only a back up if you dont have the heating or HW on the oil one is always heated by the electric element

only with the indirect one not the oil one, the oil one is a stand alone unit that is filled with oil and the electric element heats the oil up that is inside the towel rail

Sponsored Links
I fitted a 'dual fuel' type for friends, (came from Screwfix), uses CH when on, or electrical element in summer. They're quite happy with it, does exactly as it says on the tin. ;)

Thanks chaps. I was planning to use the electric rail as a supplement to the rad in the bathroom during the summer, but as I already have a radiator in the bathroom, I could take the pipes to the rail instead, as well as an electric option.

Space saving. ;)

Bear in mind a towel radiator will not put out anywhere near the heat of a radiator, if you like a warm bathroom then may need to look at the towel rail as an addition, not a replacement.....

The towel wamer has a quoted rating of 1500BTU from a 100w element. More than my quoted rad output but it sounds high for a towel warmer, could be over optimistic figures from the manufacturer?

Maybe I'll keep both.

It's a job for later anyhow, so I'll change my mind again I expect. :rolleyes:

To be honest it is very difficult to find towel rail with oil filled, they normally fill with water and some antifreeze (i had some experience in the past ), some they do come with filled and some without filled, what i would do is to purchase the towel rail and purchase the electric element separately and convert it to electric towel rail so that you can save some money, download this instruction it is very easy job if you fallow the instruction
Thanks

The towel wamer has a quoted rating of 1500BTU from a 100w element. More than my quoted rad output but it sounds high for a towel warmer, could be over optimistic figures from the manufacturer?

Maybe I'll keep both.

could be wrong but i think 100w is around 341btu :?: :?:

Maybe I'll keep both.

I wouldn't know, but as I said 100w = 1500 BTU sounds high even to me, but that's what it says. :confused:

Maybe I'll keep both.

I wouldn't know, but as I said 100w = 1500 BTU sounds high even to me, but that's what it says. :confused:

Hi
yes you are right you always get the right btu by 100w x 3.41=341btu
This is the btu that you will get, it does not matter how big or the small of the towel rail

The power P in BTUs per hour (BTU/hr) is equal to 3.412142 times the power P in watts (W):
P(BTU/hr) = 3.412142 · P(W)
So
1W = 3.412142 BTU/hr
Example
Convert 5000W to BTUs per hour:
P(BTU/hr) = 3.412142 · 5000W = 17060.71BTU/hr

Hope that clears everthing

Maybe I'll keep both.

it seems like who ever give you this information either they don't know or misleading you
please see above rate tables and get the idea

you will need between 400watt 1364btu or 500watt element 1705btu
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back