Laser levels and right angles.

Bit of overkill really . .

3/4/5 triangle in ply or nylon string (with string it can be as big as you want it to be).

Plumb line, spirit level and chalk.

Building is an inexact process.

Sponsored Links
Bit of overkill really . .

3/4/5 triangle in ply or nylon string (with string it can be as big as you want it to be).

Plumb line, spirit level and chalk.

Thanks for reminding me to ask future builders about this before hiring them.

Its this kind of attitude which is complicating things for me, as none of the existing walls are straight.

You get one chance to make it right, might as well do your best to get it as exact as you can.

Sponsored Links

Thanks for reminding me to ask future builders about this before hiring them.

Its this kind of attitude which is complicating things for me, as none of the existing walls are straight.

You get one chance to make it right, might as well do your best to get it as exact as you can.
I think what IJWS15 meant was that there are certain tolerances to work to which are different to those when used to build an engine for example.
It isn't practical or nescessary in the wet trades, as long as you know how accurate you need to be.
For example it would be a waste of time and money to build a brick wall which was to be rendered with the same accuracy required to construct a rubbed brick arch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back