Laser Line Level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This question is aimed at professional landscapers.

I'm a young tradesman recently started out on my own, I'm getting more and more outside work.

I've got to build a large pergola/trellis outside and was thinking about getting a laser line level to help me with my verticals/horizontals.

I'm sure the tool would come in handy for many other outside jobs like pegging out levels when setting out a patio etc.

Is this something pro's landscapers use frequently, is it worth me in investing in one?

If so, can anyone recommend anything?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've just bought a Leica Rugby 280 laser level, it's a great bit of kit but took some research to find the exact right kit for my needs (as things like receiver and accessories can change depending on your trade / use / job).

I shopped around the usual places such as screwfix and B&Q but the staff didn't know much about the lasers or the differences between them. I'm a stickler for details, so I ended up buying mine from Surveying Equipment as they had lots of options and took the time to take me through the various kits they sell. I've been using it for several weeks now and can't fault it, it's a LOT better than the DeWalt I used to have, although I did have that for a long time and it took a battering.

I wen't for the Leica Rugby 280 but I was also looking at the Leica Rugby 100 and Topcon RL-H4C - both of which are very good lasers too it seems.

Budget seems the main factor here also as you can spend £400 or £4000 and everything in between.

My advice: decide on your budget and the features you really must have first then buy from a company who can advice you rather than just sell to you.

My advice: decide on your budget and the features you really must have first then buy from a company who can advice you rather than just sell to you.

In other words - a company just like yours. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Yes, it's an external laser. It does grades / slopes too which might be of use to you in landscaping?

I hope the original poster realises that the people he is talking to are spammers.

charming! i register an account to offer the poster a cheaper alternative to spending thousands of pounds and you say i'm spamming!

Joe-90 - no offense buddy but if a link can help someone save money i'll post it. i dont work for the company i put a link to, it was genuine help.

i'll be sure to keep my opinions to myself in future - thanks for the warm welcome to the forum! :confused:

i'll be sure to keep my opinions to myself in future - thanks for the warm welcome to the forum! :confused:
You're welcome, we get a lot of spam in these parts you see, why anyone would join up only to post a link is a real mystery. You're very kind. I look forward to your worthy contribution to the forum in the future.

I've just bought a Leica Rugby 280 laser level, it's a great bit of kit but took some research to find the exact right kit for my needs (as things like receiver and accessories can change depending on your trade / use / job).

I shopped around the usual places such as screwfix and B&Q but the staff didn't know much about the lasers or the differences between them. I'm a stickler for details, so I ended up buying mine from Surveying Equipment as they had lots of options and took the time to take me through the various kits they sell. I've been using it for several weeks now and can't fault it, it's a LOT better than the DeWalt I used to have, although I did have that for a long time and it took a battering.

I wen't for the Leica Rugby 280 but I was also looking at the Leica Rugby 100 and Topcon RL-H4C - both of which are very good lasers too it seems.

Budget seems the main factor here also as you can spend £400 or £4000 and everything in between.

You went for the 280 dual grade laser with remote control facility in the end then?
Superb instrument.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back