Laser line module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

Kinda trivial question.

I have a cross cut saw and the handy, laser projected line is not working. eBay searching show many available and some even the correct diameter, but ............!

The non-working one has DBXQ03B on the side. One that I can find are listed as either 3v or 5v with some other wavelength data that is probably not important for timber cutting.

Assuming the size is correct, what happens if I fit a 5v into when it should be 3v? Alternatively, fitting 3v when it should be 5v?

Does this just mean the projected line will either be bright or dim? Or will something go bang!?

Thanks and toodle pip

Sponsored Links
3v on a 5v supply will be very bright for a relatively short life. Other way round will be dim or non working. Low odds there's actually any sort of regulated power supply in your saw, there's probably only a big resistor to drop the voltage across the led so beware...

Thanks. Don't know what the power supply voltage is, but having found units with the same DBXQ03B designation, 3v seems correct.

Of course, the problem could be a broken connection inside the handle so perhaps releasing a few screws to investigate is the way forward.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back