latch options for internal double doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're going to be fitting a pair of slim double doors between the dining room and living room, and I'm looking for a tidy way to latch them. I don't like the idea of having a bolt to hold one leaf shut, which is my wife's original suggestion. I've no idea on the usage, i.e. one side, or both, but I'm quite sure we don't want them sprung.

What are my options? I guess I could have a hook-type arrangment used on bi-fold doors, though when one leaf is open, the other would then be unsecured. Magnets? would they hold a solid-wood door with glass panels? Can I get tidy looking ones that can be rebated into the frame?
Is there an integral handle-driven bolt arrangment (like you top and bottom locking on UPVC doors?) I guess this would be a chore to install, but does it actually exist?

Any thoughts anyone?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back