Latest Designs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This question is for the pros and diyers alike. I have just replaced my bathroom with white and chrome fittings and a new lino floor which is tile effect with beige marble looking 250mm x 250mm tiles laid diagonally with a small terracotta/brown/beige border around each tile made from 25mm x 25mm tiles.

My question is what do I do with the wall tiles and what are your opinions about what you are fitting yourself/ modern trends etc.

a] Do I try to find tile to match the lino or go with something totally different?

b] Are large tile or small tile more fashionable?

c] Will it look like I have cut corners to save money when only the bath and sink perimeters are tiled compared to the bottom half all around or does it currently look fashionable to go minimal?

Anyone's opinion is welcomed as to what you have in your own bathroom or what you fit as a living as I currently only have my own opinion and am unsure which way to jump.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
The right way to do it is to pick your wall tiles first, then see what lino will go with them. You'll undoubtedly have the tiles on the wall longer that the lino, and when it comes time to replace the lino, the original lino may not be available. This means that you will be buying lino to go with the tiles that you bought to go with the original lino. It'll always be a compromise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back