Law upon law upon....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not saying it is bad, but all becoming just a bit complex... Soon be unknowingly (I know, ignorance of a law is not a defence) breaking the law whatever one does .. hopefully not an eight bullet job, yet.

07/06/2005
Litter

The offence of depositing and leaving litter - section 87 Environmental Protection Act 1990 has been amended by The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.

It is an now offence for a person to throw down, drop or otherwise deposit and leave any litter in any place which is open to the air (including the seashore to the low water mark).

Litter Authorities will also have powers to prevent distribution of free printed matter to members of the public and on vehicles (but not buildings) where the practice is causing a problem in the area.

Other offences introduced by The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 include :-

Selling motor vehicles on a road

It is an offence for a person (as a business selling motor vehicles) to leave or cause to be left two or more motor vehicles parked within 500 metres of each other on a road or roads where they are exposed or advertised for sale.

Repairing motor vehicles on a road

It is an offence for a person to carry out repair, maintenance, servicing, improvement or dismantling of, or a part of or accessory for, a motor vehicle except repairs arising from an accident or breakdown (within 72 hours) or that the works were not carried out for the purpose of a business of carrying out such works or were not for gain or reward (unless such works gave reasonable cause for annoyance to persons in the vicinity).
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Well, the first bit is understandable. Residential roads are for residential purposes... in fact, I would even love to see a law meaning people aren't allowed to park a Transit-sized van on a residential road overnight without a permit, make them use proper parks/depots like HGV drivers. :LOL:

However, that second bit is really going to hit those "mobile garage" businesses, windscreen-repair businesses and stonechip-repair businesses.

Of course, if one has off road parking then the new law immediately adds value ..... Ooops ! here come de council tax inspector ....
'But, sir" I grovel " The extra parking was here before the poll or council tax"
"Sorry my friend" says he, "New laws enhance the value of those private spaces to you and the property ... cough please !".
:( :( :(

Sponsored Links
Perhaps one should start growing corn and raising chickens... perhaps then they will let you pay your feudal taxes in the traditional feudal manner? :rolleyes:

Back