Lawful Development certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing rear single storey extension under PD and neighbour scheme( waiting for outcome)
Thinking about obtaining a LDC but don’t want to pay out unnecessary amounts for unneeded drawings. Questions: Is an LDC really worth the hassle ans can I just submit elevation drawing of property rear showing extension, as OMG as I do it to 1:100 scale.
I did this for my floor plan for the neighbourhood scheme. Printed off graph scale paper, hand drew it and it was accepted.
If so what do I need to show? Just sizes or list materials etc. Unsure whether I’m having a sky light yet. Will this matter?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Isn't the reply to your neighbour consultation scheme the very same confirmation that a LDC would give?

Isn't the reply to your neighbour consultation scheme the very same confirmation that a LDC would give?

I’m not too sure about the differences. People are saying they apply to protect themselves in the future....? Is it not another way to make sure that what I’m doing falls under PD?
But would have thought the neighbour reply and notifying building control would have the same outcome.

That’s why I’m asking here

It was rhetorical.

You have applied to the council to build something under the neighbour consultation scheme. The council tells you whether you can or not. The decision gets recorded on your property planning history.

That's the same as an LDC.

Sponsored Links
It was rhetorical.

You have applied to the council to build something under the neighbour consultation scheme. The council tells you whether you can or not. The decision gets recorded on your property planning history.

That's the same as an LDC.

I know it was Rhetorical

I was just saying how I understood it. I isn’t mean for it to come across like I was actually explaining the situation

I guess you are right , if it’s given the go ahead and under building control then I’m sure they will point out if someone’s not allowed to be done.

Building control is completely different to planning permission/LDC

Right so....
If building control are not going to guide me as to whether what I am doing is adhering to permitted development regs, then how would I know if I am doing something outside of the requirements.
Someone has just told me that’s what a LDC does. You submit what you propose under PD and by being given LDC what you propose is lawful.

To prove that the proposed build is in accordance with planning legislation.

Someone has just told me that’s what a LDC does
That someone is a buffoon.

Have you read my two previous posts - Neighbour consultation = LDC?

then how would I know if I am doing something outside of the requirements.

If you don't know then you employ someone who does.

But, and here is the real gem ... you have submitted a Neighbour Consultation application !!!!!!!!! Just build that if it's approved.

That someone is a buffoon.

Have you read my two previous posts - Neighbour consultation = LDC?

If you don't know then you employ someone who does.

But, and here is the real gem ... you have submitted a Neighbour Consultation application !!!!!!!!! Just build that if it's approved.

I appreciate your replies, but I’m not sure why you feel the need to be so sarcastic all the time because you don’t exactly give the clearest answers. You can say about the Neigbour scheme over and over but The neighbour consultation scheme is merely to ask if anyone has problems with building further than 3m. It doesn’t mean that the build is complied with anything else. I don’t think you know as much as you like to think you do but I’m sure you’ve another sarcastic comment.

The neighbour consultation scheme is merely to ask if anyone has problems with building further than 3m

The neighbour consultation scheme does not just ask the neighbours what they think. What it does is confirms that what you described is permitted development, does not need another formal planning application, and effectively grants permission for you to do what you described in your application. That's exacly what a LDC does.

My sarcasm is only matched by your lack of cognition.
This is the fourth time I've mentioned that in five posts. I'm sure all of them were clear but I could edit them into all caps if you like.

Why not just ring your planning department and ask them whats required then there are no ambiguities

I did and they told me what I mentioned to Woody and that it is mainly protection that the proposal complied with legislation. They also state that the neighbour consultation by itself does not mean it’s compliant to build.

Whatever woody said to me they do not completely agree with.

I did and they told me what I mentioned to Woody and that it is mainly protection that the proposal complied with legislation. They also state that the neighbour consultation by itself does not mean it’s compliant to build.

Whatever woody said to me they do not completely agree with.

neighbour consultation and LDC are both to do with planning.

building regulations are to do with compliance to construction standards.

They are 2 separate things, requiring two different applications, two different departments

you could obtain planning permission for something that cant be built to satisfy building regulations and you can build something that complies with building regulations that does not have planning consent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back