Lawful Development certificate

I've been reading up on this as I was of the same opinion as Woody.

It turns out that some local authorities whilst approving the householder prior notification application will not accept responsibility for checking the works "approved" are actually permitted development. How bonkers is that? So it would seem if you really want a 100% guarantee that the proposal is permitted development then you do indeed need to apply for the prior notification AND a lawful development certificate. My loathing of the Planning system sinks to new depths.

That might explain why I keep stumbling across examples of prior notification approval for wrap around side/rear extensions. That would be a very interesting conversation with the enforcement officer when they try to take enforcement action for something they approved under prior notification. Personally I would still only recommend going for the prior notification application, you would have to be incredibly risk averse to want an LDC as well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back