Lawn mower blade sharpening

Joined
17 Apr 2007
Messages
2,754
Reaction score
147
Country
United Kingdom
I've been given two electric rotary lawn mowers to repair/service.

I noticed on both that the cutting blades are sharpened on the lower side. If sharpened on the upper side of the blade, to my way of thinking, would provide a better cut and help lift the cut stems of grass up to the blower and into the collector.

I'm being pedantic I suppose.
 
On the lower edge.....are you sure?
All machines I work on are sharpened on the upper edge. I can't comment on yours, but the blade may be on upside down?
Regards
John :)
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top