Laying B&Q 'French Flooring' planks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - seems like the place to ask this after some googling :D

Planning to lay the above on current floorboards. I've read around here and it appears that laying it floating and PVA glued is fine so I'm happy going that way. Couple of questions though (which may be daft).
It's currently carpeted and has some really nice foam underlay down - I'd hate to have to bin this as it provides great insulation (REALLY needed in the room) could I just leave that there or do I really need the fibreboard?
The DPM - is this necessary in this situation and why as the current floor doesn't have one? Tied to the above - should I put it above or below the underlay/fibreboard?

edit; Believe I've answered the DPM Q. - it's a no on floorboards :)

Sponsored Links
And it is a no no in regards of your carpet underlayment too I'm afraid.

Use an underlayment that is truly suitable for wooden flooring, carpet underlayment will crumble and is truly only suitable for carpets

Thanks mate. I was afraid of that, shame as it appears to be high quality (only high quality thing the previous owners appear to have used :D).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back