laying bamboo floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fireplace which juts out about 2 feet into the room. Can I start at the fireplace and work out towards the other wall and work back the short distance past the fireplace so that any narrow length is against the wall not in full view at the front of the fireplace. ie can I work in reverse.

Sponsored Links
yes you can just make sure that the flooring is straight with a laser light or string line, then fill in to the wall dry then cut the boards then glue and strap up

Thanks for the reply I will do that.
The bamboo being used is 3 foot lengths, do I glue the ends as well as the tongue or is this un-necessary. What is best method of removing squeezed out PVA glue.

Always glue all the T&G's. Not doing the end bits has the risk of 'walking them open'

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
One last question: The guide says to lay parallel to longest side of room, a friend suggested if I lay parallel to shortest side it would make the room look wider, is this fact or fiction?

Depends on the dimensions of the room: very long or just a bit longer than wide?
Mostly we recommend to install 'with the light' - in the direction of where the most natural light is coming from.

Depends on the dimensions of the room: very long or just a bit longer than wide?
Mostly we recommend to install 'with the light' - in the direction of where the most natural light is coming from.

Thanks, in my case that would be parallel to short side as I have the only two windows in the long side.
I will now leave you in peace, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back