laying block work on top of DPM

Thanks for the reply guys, sounds like this is contested territory.

The DPM is lapped under the DPC, which is laid on a 10mm solid bed.
Just for clarity's sake, what do you mean by lapping here ? Would I put a 10mm bead on the DPM, flatten it and lay the DPC, and then another 10mm on the DPC followed by the block work ?

BTW guys, I am using dense blocks, so they are super heavy, if that makes a difference.

Sponsored Links
Oh get off with yous.
DPC is polythene, the only difference is it has those little crosses on the back.

well that's interesting as those properties according to the visqueen data sheet give added adhesion, help prevent mortar slippage and I assume reduce capillary action, as they say that the embossed DPC shouldn't be used in cavity tray applications. There has got to be some difference, otherwise why would we have plain polyethylene, then different grades of DPC for different loading applications

There has got to be some difference, otherwise why would we have plain polyethylene
There sure is, one is cut nicely to the correct size for bricks/blocks the other is large sheets.
We all use DPM for cavity trays above lintels, and the anti slip of dpc other than keeping it in place when you put a brick on it would not have any structural benefit otherwise it would have those lines on both sides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back