Laying engineered floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right then Iv just bought some oak engineered flooring and would like some tips on the way forward. Its going on a very flat new concrete floor which has been down for 4 months.
Is it best to glue it down or maybe a floating floor?
Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
I think they are 150mm wide and about 1.8m long.
Why the floating technique? what would you suggest to sue under the boards?
Just thought id mention once this goes down I will fit the skirting boards over the top(incase this changes things)

that size boards would of been designed to be floating, you can glue to subfloor if you want but is very messy and hard work on a floor designed to be floated. I would recommend a underlay called timbermate if floating on concrete and another one i cant remember the name of if wooden subfloor, Im sure WOODY will post the name of one for wooden subfloor of the same quality tomorrow.
You could use a cheap foam to be fair but they dont insulate against sound or heat any where near as good as timbermate.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mat will have a proper look at the instructions tomorrow and see what they suggest.

Timbermate Excel (4mm) on concrete floors and Timbermate Duratex (4mm) on non-concrete floors.
The Excel version has a DPM in it, the Duratex not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back