Laying Engineered Wood Floorig

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need some assistance.

Purchased some Kahrs Engineered Wood Flooring to fit in the downstairs of my house. The house was built in 1951 and has concrete floors, but in the back room I had a problem with damp as the patio doors were wooden and water was getting in when we had heavy rain. I've had the door replaced and pulled up all the carpet and where the old fireplace used to be the product they had filled the patch in the floor with had crumbled and just came up. I now have an area where the fireplace used to be, that needs to be filled and an area in front of the patio door at the same depth that needs to be filled. What's the best thing to use to fill they spaces to bring it level with the rest of the floor ?

Also where the patio doors are there is a cavity, do I need to do anything with this or can I just put the flooring over the cavity ? I got some underlay with the flooring would I need any additional DPM ?

I did plan to have the floor (latexed) ? as someone had suggested this to get the perfect finish, is there any benefit to this or is just a waste of money ? The floor has a few little dips but nothing major.

One final point, I'm planning on running the flooring through the lower level of the house. The kitchen has already been fitted with a slate floor and I wasn't planning on using anything to divide the hallway, living room & dining room, (I do have a divider for where the floor meets the kitchen) would anyone advise otherwise. The place I purchased the flooring from said laying it this way would be fine and gives a nicer finish.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Hi back again.

Had someone look at the floor last night for the preparation stage and they are talking about using Ardex SD-T.

Has anyone used this to get a level floor before fitting the flooring ?

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back