Laying/Fitting Karndean Heritage suggestion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at laying Karndean Heritage MAYF-02 which consists of many small tile pieces. I believe they are supplied as 12"x12" panels of 32 tiles arranged for the desired pattern, with all the pieces held together by removable sticky film.

I've been told by one fitter that they remove the stick film and dismantle the panels and lay each tile independently and another install say they can glue down a panel at a time and then remove the stick film.

I'm assuming the first fitter does not know what he is doing as it seems a bit silly to dismantle each panel. Can anyone confirm what the actual laying process is?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thats what I thought. I've had a couple of quotes and not confident in either. One wanted to split the panels apart and lay each tile separately and another wanted to order 5 packs of 16 12"x12" panels when the rectangular space would perfectly take 3 packs, 48 panels (8 panels by 6 panels), with a 36mm black border on all sides.

I fancy doing it myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back