Laying Indian stone with stringlines

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just planning ahead before laying my Indian stone (4 different size slabs)

I understand how to use string line with the same sized paving slabs, but how do I go about laying the slabs of different sizes using string lines?

I am installing concrete edging around the perimeter of the patio area. Will I just need to keep moving and run the string lines from concrete edge to concrete edge per slab I lay? Or just use the level for the slabs and use the edging as a guide for the fall of patio (and work my way cross to the other side of patio?). Patio will be level L to R and sloping front to back

Sponsored Links
When I did my back garden we printed the pattern used ( stuck 3-4sheers of A4 paper together to cope with garden size ) and followed that.
We had a concrete foundation and just used a couple off string lines as a guide to the fall to flag any errors as we laid .
My front path I just did by eye.( don’t have the patience for correct methods )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back