Indian stone patio laying tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am installing my Indian stone paving soon

My patio will be level from left to right but sloping from front to back

The area is 4m wide and 2.7m from front to back

When laying my Indian stone, is it best to work across the botttom from L to R and then repeat, or is it best to work upwards, starting at the edge and moving upwards?

I have concrete edging to work to (patio level with top of edging). What’s the best way to ensure I get the correct fall to ensure It will be level with the edging at either side?

From L to R I plan on using a level spirit however with the slope is it best to connect a string line to the top of each edge (front and back) and keep the paving flat to the string line?

Pic below. Edging still to finish across top

IMG_3261.jpeg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Start at the paving end so that the cuts are against the shed. How you go depends on the bond.

I tend to start at the low end/corner as if needed I can increase the bed depth to gain height (I know, I shouldn’t need to if the base fall is right) but you can’t easily lose height if you end up too high at the lower end. Although the fact that you’ve already set your edgings pretty much eliminates that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back