laying laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone have any tips before i start........going to lay laminate flooring onto a concrete floor next week......it seems straightforward....... i bought the aqua loc from [email protected] very level.....just like any tips before i start.......thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Open one pack, read the instructions, follow the instructions.

Sponsored Links
diane1970 said:
very clever!! how an earth did you come up with that one?
It's as simple as that. Buy laminated floor, read the instructions, follow the instructions. Your floor is level you say, so what more tips do you need?

The best tip I can offer is to measure the width of the room and divide by the width of an individual board so that you can work out how wide the very last strip would be. Potentially it could be a few cm which means cutting a strip to fit would be very difficult. In these circumstances, the thing to do it trim the very first board that you lay so that the final strip becomes wider. Eg last strip would be 4cm, so take 10cm of the first row that you lay so that the last strip becomes 14cm.

Hope that makes sense!

Preparation is the key really and always check that you're cutting the right end when you get to the end of a row.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back