Laying Lawn Edger Blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to edge my lawn by laying some paving blocks end to end - I am wondering if I could do this by digging a narrow trench for the width of the blocks but deeper than required, then fill with post-crete and potentially add a little sand into the mix to stiffen it up?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Lecco, just after posting this, I came to the same conclusion :)

What mix ratio would you use? The depth under the paving will be a few inches, not particularly substantial but then these aren't structural or required to be weight bearing.

Also, in terms of grouting inbetween, what would you use and how?

When I mix concrete I use a strong mix of 2 part river sand 2 part 10mm pea gravel 1 part cement and just add a little water and it should be a good stiff mix.

joint it up in between the blocks and also lay the blocks on mortar that is 4 parts building sand 1 part cement.

Sponsored Links
When I mix concrete I use a strong mix of 2 part river sand 2 part 10mm pea gravel 1 part cement and just add a little water and it should be a good stiff mix.

joint it up in between the blocks and also lay the blocks on mortar that is 4 parts building sand 1 part cement.

Thanks dude, that's my weekend project sorted :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back