LAYING NEW LAWN????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D Whats the process i need to under go for laying new lawn.

The back garden is big (10m x 25m) and used to be owned by a builder. The builder decided to use his garden as a collects yard so now the garden area is now home to tons of bricks. Once i have removed all the bricks from the soil etc, what do i do then?
All im after is the process in step order. I have a little lad who needs a garden asap and i refuse to pay someone a silly amount of money when with a bit of hard graft i could do it myself. I hope you can all help, Cheers

AndyP

Sponsored Links
I used rolawn..Good quality turf.

This will tell you all you need to know, to lay your own lawn........

http://www.rolawn.co.uk/turf_homeowners_1_3.html

The only thing to do different from the advice they give you, is to prepare your soil 2 or 3 weeks before laying your turf.
This will enable you to kill any weeds that sprout up, before you lay your turf, otherwise the weeds will grow right through your nice new lawn...... :cry:

fantastic. i didnt realise it was that easy. cheers mate for your link. this forum has to be one the best i have ever used.

THANK YOU

AndyP

Sponsored Links
Lay them well, and you can walk on them for years ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back