Layout of Bathroom downlighing

What, fork out another 100 quid for an isnspection report, to then pay another100+ to put right "legally" what should have been done in the first place! Dont make me laugh.

Whats to say part P will exist in 2/3 years anyway? It would be much better for a seller to provide a periodic with the particulars with no paperwork than paperwork in my view.

Sponsored Links
BZZZT! all I can hear is noise!
Then put more time and effort into learning things.

You never know - eventually you might get to the point where what you thought was noise does actually mean something to you.

I would prefer as a buyer, to have a PIR compiled by an independent spark than I would receive paperwork on work that has been signed off by the installer. As its been indicated, I have seen nothing to indicate from the work I have had done that qualified sparks can carry out an installation any less safe than what i could do myself. Indeed, I picked up a number of issues regarding the installation that the spark is having to come back and sort out.

As to design, inspection and test paperwork as been completed and signed off as in accordance by BS7671, by me, in accordance with the following:
I, being the person responsible for the design, construction, inspection and testing of the electrical
installation, (as indicated by the signature opposite) particulars of which are described above, having
exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out the design, construction, inspection and
testing, hereby certify that the said work for which i have been responsible, is to the best of my
knowledge and belief, in accordance with bs 7671-2008, amended to (date )

No Part P registration, which is a complete and utter waste of time.

Sponsored Links
Err...

For electricians working in the domestic field in England or Wales it's pretty much essential, or they'll struggle to remain competitive.

How are you going to prove you are competent??

How are you going to prove I am not? I am guessing a Masters in Electrical and aerospace avionics engineering should cover it?

But then again, blunty from down the council will probably argue thats not enough.

Without qualifications a DIYer wouldn't be able to register.

Why would I want to bother?

How are you going to prove I am not? I am guessing a Masters in Electrical and aerospace avionics engineering should cover it?

But then again, blunty from down the council will probably argue thats not enough.

They wouldn't accept my Electronic And Electrical Eng degree! And to be honest I kind of accept that.....we were never taught about safe zones (amongst other things....)

You wouldn't but you brought it up:
When I said that for an electrician it was not a complete and utter waste of time you said you were talking about DIYers:
But pointless for a competent DIYer working within BS 7671.

I was just pointing out that you couldn't register even if you wanted to.

Have you really, wow! Would you let an optician operate on your knees?
Have you got a qualification that can prove that you understand BS7671?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back