lcd tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put lcd tv above fire place.I want to conseal all cables in wall.what is best way to do.I was thinking to put cables into truncking and bury them into wall.Cables i am thinking about are scart lead and hdmi lead also put double socket up on wall where it should stay invissible behind tv.Do i need any other cables into truncking or two cables are enough.

Sponsored Links
useable fire places are not the best place to put a TV above..

there's the heat issue, the cold issue ( chimney breasts are bad for cold and damp from what i;ve been told.. ) and the dust / soot issue..

Is this an active fireplace and if not is there any likelihood of it becoming active while you still have the TV there.

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
Is this an active fireplace and if not is there any likelihood of it becoming active while you still have the TV there.
Yes it is going to be active fire place.Inset gas fire is going to be fitted and going to be connected into steal 5" flu liner .

Sorry, but I'd be more concerned about having an LCD TV than where I sited it!

I don't like them!

gman76 said:
Sorry, but I'd be more concerned about having an LCD TV than where I sited it!

I don't like them!
Why? Any reason.Future is going to be LCD tv.

I bought a Nat Pan 42" PX70 two weeks ago for £850 with free 5 year warranty.

From what I reviewed up to 32" and LCD are good / better than plasma- over that size unless your spending £2k+ plasma still rocks.

LCD all the way. Plasma was only ever a stop-gap technology.

tim west said:
CRT is still the king

Really, then explain why the CRT monitor in my office at work flickers like crazy and has **** poor colour rendition, as well as faded spots and very bad colour bias.

I had an LCD screen before, which didnt flicker and had very good colour rendition. And it was a LOT smaller.

(The CRT came from another shop, ours is closing down so managers are swapping their crap equipment for the nice equipment at our shop) :LOL:

Crafty said:
tim west said:
CRT is still the king

Really, then explain why the CRT monitor in my office at work flickers like crazy and has p**s poor colour rendition, as well as faded spots and very bad colour bias.

I had an LCD screen before, which didnt flicker and had very good colour rendition. And it was a LOT smaller.

(The CRT came from another shop, ours is closing down so managers are swapping their rubbish equipment for the nice equipment at our shop) :LOL:
because you have a cr*p or old CRT.
A good CRT hasn't been surpassed by either LCD or Plasma yet, ask yourself why every TV studio's galleries use CRT's in the Vision section for monitoring and quality purposes.

Crafty said:
Really, then explain why the CRT monitor in my office at work flickers like crazy and has p**s poor colour rendition, as well as faded spots and very bad colour bias.
It is quite possible that your PC isn't set up right to drive it. Most LCDs preffer to be driven at 60hz and some very old crts require to be driven that slow but a modern crt with faster phosphers needs to be driven at a higher rate or it flickers like hell.

It is also quite possible that it needs degausing or some other adjustments.

Finally it is quite possible that it is simply a peice of crap that is on its last legs.

Last i checked good CRTs still gave the best color performance, the best viewing angle and the fastest response. Having said that LCDs are a lot better than they used to be and the size advantage is very appealing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back