Using Lighting wiring to power LCD TV

That'd be the surface mount version you have, and they actually protrude further than a flushed in FCU.

Sponsored Links
MK0997.JPG

:?: :?:

That's £11.50 + nationalised bank executive's bonus levy.

The flush one is £9.75+

The same supplier charges £3.95+ for a switched FCU by the same maker, and other suppliers charge less than that.

Sponsored Links
I dont have the wireless model you have but even with the slimmest wall mounts like I have used you will still have space for a normal socket or normal FCU if you place it to the side of the TV not directly behind in the middle. You wont see the socket. See pictures below.

View media item 8322 View media item 8323

Whatever you finally do, I'd suggest NOT using a std switched FCU.

Why, because at some point the TV may well have to be removed for servicing/repair & that will be a lot easier if it's a removable plug, rather than wired in.

Just a suggestion. :LOL:

The TVs power cable has an IEC plug for the connection to the TV, so that can be unplugged from the TV if it needs servicing.

The TVs power cable has an IEC plug for the connection to the TV, so that can be unplugged from the TV if it needs servicing.
Though it must be noted, this is not the case with all TVs. I got a new Toshiba LCD, and it has a hardwired power lead. Made it a bit awkward when hanging it up. I had to balance the TV on my knee, foot on a chair, while i reached up with the plug. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back