Tv extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have just fixed a 19inch LCD to my wall and I had a single extension cable which was once for some spotlights on my old wardrobes. The cable is only thin about the same size as you would find on a plug in light will this be ok to power just the TV or should I use thicker cable?

Sponsored Links
Define 'extension'. Is it a cable fed from an existing circuit (lighting?) or an extension lead?

There's no way any advice could be given with the description you've given.

Can you not install a new socket fed from the ring final in your bedroom?

Its like a 4 way extension only one way

It has a plug on one and end and a socket on the other there is about 6 foot of cable.

Thanks.

Is it a made up extension or a pre made extension? Is the cable 3 core (does it have an earth cable)?

If you have doubts about it then either buy another or have a suitably located socket outlet installed (preference).

Sponsored Links
Yep its made up (not by me) its 3 core with earth and everything is in good condition.

The only thing that I am concerned about is the thickness of the cable,its only the same as a lamp etc.

Sorry forgot to add, the only thing that will be plugged into this extension willbe the tv.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back