lcd wall brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Well i finally saved up enough hard earned pennies to go out and get my new lcd's BUT i hadn't realised i now need a second mortgage to buy the brackets.

I did my homework and decided on a Philips 42" for the entertainments room and a Philips 37" for the living room. I didn't realise that Philips configuration means they have a special wall bracket just for their make :cry:

Anyone know somewhere i can get reasonably priced brackets ?

Sponsored Links
Costco do them for considerably less that the high street.

I didn't realise Philips didn't have the standard format.

Regards

Fred

Neither did I Fred :cry:

Text taken from a site i found

Philips are one of the market leaders in the flat screen world but for some reason they are producing screens with Non Vesa wall bracket fittings with the 30 Inch 30PF9946 model being one of them. The distances between the holes in width are a whopping 620mm centre to centre rendering most standard wall mounts useless. ...

Cheers will take a look

One thing I forgot to mention - although Costco are considerably cheaper, the brackets are still b100dy expensive IMHO for what they are.

I bought one on eBay recently but that was for a small (17 inch) LCD TV. If I can find the seller I'll post the link as they may do larger brackets and if the one I got is anything to go by, they're good enough for the job although I used frame fixings to attach it to the wall because I didn't trust the two 1 inch screws supplied!

Sponsored Links
Cheers Fred.

I have been looking around today. I went into curry's for a laugh and they wanted £199.99 :eek: I also want a glass tv stand for the 37" as we dont want that one on the wall.

The brackets will have to be adequate to support the 42" If you look on your profile assuming you left feed back he should be there ?

Cheers mate,

Thanks fred. Just found one on that e bay site you sent for £32.99 for a 60" :D things are looking up

Hiya Co,

I went on e, bay, almost comitted to buy a bracket for £59.95 with £17.00 P+P but decided to have one more look around.

I Googled and found the same bracket, same price BUT with FREE P+P.

Goes to show not everything on e bay is as good as it first appears.

Cheers to all who suggested sites. I also got a really nice glass stand for the smaller screen exactly like the one in Curry's, their price was £199.99 for £89.00 :D

All i need now is a blue ray DVd player, Home theatre centre, and matching speakers :eek:

diyisfree said:
All i need now is a blue ray DVd player, Home theatre centre, and matching speakers :eek:

Get youself on the waiting list for a PS3 - AFAIK, Blue Ray DVD is integrated in the package.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back