lead gas pipe to copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello out there, can anyone give me any tips on joining lead gas pipe to copper, is it a straight forward blow torch flux and solder job thanks j.

Sponsored Links
Obviously we'll be looking in the papers or the news for a Lancastrian mushroom cloud.

Sponsored Links
Dont join it, replace your gas run in copper, much safer.
Once had been called out to property were some one had tried to join lead to copper, some time later got out of bed lit a cigerette and spent 3 months in hospital, had to have glazing and burned decoration repaired.

Use corgi installer
is

Lead tends to melt, with heat!!! in the wrong hands. "don't do it".

As previously said, get rid of it, and replace with copper. :eek:

Hope you don't live anywhere near me in Lancashire - I'll not be able to sleep right!!! :rolleyes:

Replace it all. I'm doing the water and all the lead is being ripped out except for a few feet which runs under the front wall of the house. Its a big job but worth doing right - like everything - you get what you expend (in both financial and physical effort currencies). ;)

And for the CORGI guys, I am having nothing whatsoever to do with 15mm the gas pipe which has been bodged into the place! It's been switched off at the mains and tested with a pressure gauge to ensure the pressure has relaxed - but I'm not even going to bother taking this out until I'm ready for a new gas pipe to be properly fitted. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back