Lead paint test kits - your experiences

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I'm currently working on a room with what looks like very old paint which could contain lead. Out of curiosity I would like to know if it contains lead or not and I think my boss would be interested in having a chat about this as we both work closely together and often do wear masks, but often we are guilty of not wearing them

Lead can be a problem for both painters and plasterers, so my question to you all is : have you ever used a lead testing kit and if so was it a purchase worth making and can you recommend any good ones ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Amazon offers a variety of lead testing kits that cater to different needs, making it convenient for consumers to find the one that best suits their requirements. The ease of use and accuracy of the lead testing kits available at amazon have made them a popular choice for those concerned about potential lead exposure in their homes or environments.

Last edited:
Dustless sanding kit works but most don't own that or spray water and use wet and dry sandpaper. Get your PPE.
Just treat it as having lead. Get on with it. That's how I worked with old paints.

Never bothered with lead testing kits nor do I know anyone that did.
Rough woodwork can be replaced and often best option. It it rough consider that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back