LEAD PIPE

J1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to change my sink and toilet ,i have no probs with doing the plumbing as ive done a lot of copper soldering but the prob the hot and cold pipes are lead piping and also the waste is. will i have to solder copper piping into the lead (any suggestions how to do so?)or is there some kind of connection i can put on, lead-copper?, and also the waste looks like lead to copper about 32mm would i b able to put a plastic connection on the copper many thanks any suggestions would b appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Lead-copper you can do with a "lead-loc" or "lead-line". Both best done after practice!
The waste you can sometimes join with a plastic compression fitting, but if not, a Fermco (rubber with jubilee clips) will do it.

I wouldn't want to leave lead supply pipes. Habit of leaking...

Lead-copper you can do with a "lead-loc" or "lead-line". Both best done after practice!
The waste you can sometimes join with a plastic compression fitting, but if not, a Fermco (rubber with jubilee clips) will do it.

I wouldn't want to leave lead supply pipes. Habit of leaking...

Cheers chris leadlock/leadline do these just tighten onto the lead pipe like a compression fitting and how will i know what the size of the lead piping is as the hot supply looks a touch thicker than the cold or does that matter?

Sponsored Links
Cant you replace the lead as thats the best way to go !!

Not really as all the pipework is in lead so i would have to make some type of copper-lead connection somewhere along the line

HI

different sizes LEADLOCK are available.buy the closest size and if lead pipe is slightly bigger then you can always file lead.when filing make sure
it is smooth and even.also do not overtighten fitting.

The best thing to check the size is once the pipe is exposed/cut, either use a micrometer that you will obviously have in your pocket or failing that a tape measure. You should just need the outside diameter. Lead lock are self explanitary when you get one slap it on and tighten like compression.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back