soldering lead pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guns.

Killing.

Guns and killing.

Guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns, and killing. << Genious

Nothing wrong with mentioning them is there?
<EXACTLY

GUNS do NOT kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE saying "GUNS KILL" is just like a moron saying FORKS and SPOONS make people FAT, SO lets BAN silverware.

CARS make People DRUNK drivers, BAN CARS as cars kills,cars kill, cars kills

BOX CUTTERS killed thousands BAN Box cutters

Bows and Arrows do not kill people as I never saw a gun, bow and arrow , cross bow decide to fire itself.

amazing how some never seem to be able to think rationally and figure out an object does not take on a a life of its own and decide to kill like cars, firearms or stones THERE HAS to be human intervention some place.

Someone Soft in the head does not believe in "personal responsibility" they rather blame an object that has a long history of providing food on the table for people and protecting a mans home which in some civilized countries is still his castle.

Guns can not load themselves pick themselves up and aim and fire Blame the gun not the human factor is what a simpleton would mutter.

I would rather go target shooting with the American Vice president then have gotten in a car driven by Princess Diana Chauffer or a Car Driven by Senator Ted Kennedy.. CARS KILL

A gun is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT not to be taken away by doctorship governments as the Lord allows people to defend ones country and family and personal defence especially the elderly and handicapped and women coming home at the end of a night shift.

All human beings should have the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to defend themselves from the predators of society as a criminal will always have access to a firearm or other weapon.

Only a wicked country would punish a farmer and place him in jail for protecting his home with a shot gun from a known crimina.l

Sponsored Links
Ah, OK.

It's alright, everyone - "God" said that Americans could kill and main each other with guns.

I think I'm about to be born again.

Ah, OK.

It's alright, everyone - "God" said that Americans could kill and main each other with guns.

I think I'm about to be born again.

You Born again?? and here I thought your father made a pee in a flower pot and raised a blooming idiot GO figure

Gundam+Clover+Upview.jpg

Roll up, roll up! Penny a go! Wind him up and stand back in amazement. :D

Sponsored Links
Oh no it isn't illegal Tony.

The regs say you can make a repair but not a connection to lead pipe.

All I can say is that when I did my Water Regs course with Thames Water they take the view that its illegal!

Surely, John, you dont want me to email them the question and post up here what their reply is?

Or perhaps in Bath where lead pipes have been used for 2000 years different rules apply?

Tony

Tony, NYC is saying that they are going to make it law to have all lead piping removed ( I forgot what year) BUT I do remember back in 1969 they said they are going to have two drainage systems in NYC the existing combination would be strictly sanitary and the newer one storm drainage BUT someone forgot to tell the powers that be some of the systems were installed around 1664 by the Dutch. Then they decided to name New york after some duke of york

It seems like it will be an interesting feat to lift the buildings in Manhattan to install new storm and sanitary lines under and through them.

Should be a heck of a money maker for all concerned

Gundam+Clover+Upview.jpg

Roll up, roll up! Penny a go! Wind him up and stand back in amazement. :D

I like your toy What else do you play with when your alone...

I would love to learn how to up load pictures on here

What else do you play with when your alone.
How can anyone be alone with both "God" and their gun for company?

Glad to see you put GOD first

In this country 1st comes FREEDOM of the press then GUNS to protect all the rest of our GOD given rights

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,—That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Then follows an indictment of George III for willfully infringing those rights in order to establish an absolute Tyranny over the colonies. The document states that colonial patience had achieved nothing and therefore the colonists found themselves forced to declare their independence. The stirring closing paragraph is the formal pronouncement of independence and is borrowed from the resolution of July 2.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do.—And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our fortunes and our sacred Honor.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,—That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
...but he didn'twrite it, he just vomited up an excerpt from the self-congratulatory stick-waving declaration written by the thieves who stole land from the indigenous population. :rolleyes:

Sylvan Tieger, the way i see it is......

The problem is availability of weapons.

If a youth goes out on the town and has decided he will carry a knife, then he is making the decision to escalate a potential situation. A "no weapons fight is now a knife fight, cos its in his back pocket and he can reach it.

Same goes with guns, if you don't carry a gun, then in the heat of the moment you cant use one. simple.

So to restric the use of guns/knifes so they are not available at that point in time is right, so it remains an offence to carry a gun or knife without lawful excuse.

The farmer who shot the burglar was right to go to prison, otherwise it passes a message that its ok to shoot tresspasser/burglars (without trial) ...and its not. the little shiits deserve to go to prison for 5 yrs for first offence to try and put them off....but not "death by trigger happy folk"

In the same way as you are not allowed to drink and drive, because you might kill someone with your car, so should it be that you dont carry a gun, cos you might kill someone with it

What else do you play with when your alone.
How can anyone be alone with both "God" and their gun for company?

Glad to see you put GOD first

In this country 1st comes FREEDOM of the press then GUNS to protect all the rest of our GOD given rights

Then follows an indictment of George III for willfully infringing those rights in order to establish an absolute Tyranny over the colonies. The document states that colonial patience had achieved nothing and therefore the colonists found themselves forced to declare their independence. The stirring closing paragraph is the formal pronouncement of independence and is borrowed from the resolution of July 2.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do.—And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our fortunes and our sacred Honor.

If somebody shoved a 9mm Glock up yer hooter. how true would you hold these values :?:

Sylvan Tieger said:
GUNS do NOT kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

Actually, guns don't kill at all. Bullets do! ;) ;) ;)

PS: I was following an interesting thread on soldering lead pipe. How did we get onto guns? :confused: :confused: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back