soldering lead pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylvan Tieger said:
GUNS do NOT kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

Actually, guns don't kill at all. Bullets do! ;) ;) ;)

PS: I was following an interesting thread on soldering lead pipe. How did we get onto guns? :confused: :confused: :confused:

LEAD and BRASS Ferrule and ask Softy why he menthioned it in the first place

Sponsored Links
wiggikins";p="935841 said:
Space cat";p="935796 said:
Sylvan Tieger said:
GUNS do NOT kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

Actually, guns don't kill at all. Bullets do! ;) ;) ;)

PS: I was following an interesting thread on soldering lead pipe. How did we get onto guns?

SEE BELOW

SOFTY menthioned it he has a phobia of things like cars starting up all by themselves and driving drunk into children or guns getting out of a locked box loading itself and aiming and shooting a criminal entering a home

Posted: Sun 22 Jun, 2008 Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns.

Killing.

Guns and killing.

Guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns, and killing.

Nothing wrong with mentioning them is there?

Sponsored Links
Sylvan, we are in the UK where we have the Queen and we dont carry guns!

Even our Police only have pepper spray except on special duties at the airports and embassies.

Tonight we have had a special concert for Nelson Mandella's 90th birthday party in our Hyde Park. He was in great form and spoke well although he has much difficulty walking. Great artists in the lineup too!

It makes me proud to be British that we can host such a wonderful concert. Its a pity you did not send your Condelisa to the party! Our Gordon Brown was there. He has taken over from Tony Blair who used to be your First Minister Bush's poodle!

Perhaps you have heard of our band called Queen? They played tonight and the drummer, Roger Taylor BSc, wore a white shirt and a tie! Lovely Leona Lewis was there and our young Amy Winehouse was also let out of hospital for a few hours to appear.

Tony

Guns keep the government honest

We need more guns here in the UK. Lots of them. Pallet loads of them by the ton. ;)

Anyway don't pass any remarks on them Sylvan.
Here in the UK we have a healthy knife weilding culture by our feral youth. :(

Knives.

Killing.

Knives and killing.

Knives, knives knives knives knives knives knives and killing.

Nope.

I have three guns and wouldn't hesitate to use them if an intruder entered my home.

Even our Police only have pepper spray except on special duties at the airports and embassies.

Tonight we have had a special concert for Nelson Mandella's 90th birthday party in our Hyde Park. He was in great form and spoke well although he has much difficulty walking. Great artists in the lineup too!

It makes me proud to be British that we can host such a wonderful concert. Its a pity you did not send your Condelisa to the party! Our Gordon Brown was there. He has taken over from Tony Blair who used to be your First Minister Bush's poodle!

You've got a SERIOUSLY BAD taste in music!

Perhaps you have heard of our band called Queen? They played tonight and the drummer, Roger Taylor BSc, wore a white shirt and a tie! Lovely Leona Lewis was there and our young Amy Winehouse was also let out of hospital for a few hours to appear.

Tony

You have a serious musical appreciation facility!

You've got a SERIOUSLY BAD taste in music!

Tony

Guns keep the government honest

We need more guns here in the UK. Lots of them. Pallet loads of them by the ton. ;)

Anyway don't pass any remarks on them Sylvan.
Here in the UK we have a healthy knife weilding culture by our feral youth. :(

Knives.

Killing.

Knives and killing.

Knives, knives knives knives knives knives knives and killing.

Nope.

I have three guns and wouldn't hesitate to use them if an intruder entered my home.

Just because someone owns a registered firearm does not mean they are going to go on a shooting spree or do hold ups or breaks ins.

Do you really think the criminals are really going to give up their weapons?

Just because someone owns a registered firearm does not mean they are going to go on a shooting spree or do hold ups or breaks ins.
Quite so, but too many licenced gun nuts DO go on shooting sprees.

[The farmer who shot the burglar was right to go to prison, otherwise it passes a message that its ok to shoot trespasser/burglars (without trial) ...and its not. the little shoots deserve to go to prison for 5 yrs for first offence to try and put them off....but not "death by trigger happy folk"

Suppose the Burglars were rapists and the farmer did not have the ability to protect his family then you being politically correct would say well its only sexual and the thugs should not have been shot either?

It is very easy to blame someone who just wanted to protect his life and property just like England did when the Nazis were knocking on your doors.

What ever happened to a mans home is his castle?

Guns are never going to go away look at the youngsters in so called third world places that have no food but they have an abundant supply of fully automatic weapons and grenade launchers.

If it was your home being invaded and your children and wife were at risk and a gun was available you don't think it would be a deterrent to hold the criminal at bay or even wound the perpetrator to save your own hide?

I wonder when a criminal gets pepper spray and carries a knife how the victims of inner cities will feel as they watch the crime rates soar.

The elderly and disabled are targets and they cannot always wait for help to arrive they have a God given right to defend themselves.

Disarm and conquer has filled the history books as any society can be taken over by an out of control government / dictator

I honestly do not understand the reasoning that you have that has more compassion for the criminals then a man just trying to feed and protect his family.

A man works hard just to have some bloke come along and rob him and you think the farmer should have said ok take what you like its ok ILL just work harder to replace what you had pinched?

Unfortunately I don’t have the spare time to follow this thread in as much detail as I would like but in the brief visits I realize there are sincere people doing their best to defend their own viewpoint.

Whilst I struggle to understand some people’s thoughts and opinions I have no intention of trying to force my opinions on them.

More importantly I would do my up most to defend the freedom of others to have opinions that differ from mine.

Most people agree that their Government let young men go to IRAQ and afganistan.

I don't expect others to take up arms to defend their county and loved ones,

equally,

I dont expect these people to prevent others doing what they feel what would be expected of them by their loved ones should the occasion arose.

Tim

Unfortunately I don’t have the spare time to follow this thread in as much detail as I would like but in the brief visits I realize there are sincere people doing their best to defend their own viewpoint.

Whilst I struggle to understand some people’s thoughts and opinions I have no intention of trying to force my opinions on them.

More importantly I would do my up most to defend the freedom of others to have opinions that differ from mine.

Most people agree that their Government let young men go to IRAQ and afganistan.

I don't expect others to take up arms to defend their county and loved ones,

equally,

I dont expect these people to prevent others doing what they feel what would be expected of them by their loved ones should the occasion arose.

Tim

Point well taken you should consider becoming an ambassador as you said it very eloquently.

"I don't expect others to take up arms to defend their county and loved ones"

I remember in 1965 I had turned 17 legal age to get permission to join a service and I choose the navy for my 3 year enlistment, there were some folk when notified they would be drafted took off to Canada.

I often thought of the hero's of WW2 and how men and women rushed to the aid of their country and tried to help others.

It really is a different world as countries sit idly by and watch geniside take place around them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back