Leaf blowers

Sponsored Links
I'm not absolutely sure what you mean here.....something like the Stihl BG56 blower will shift all stuff, including gravel and wet leaves without any problems.
However, if its a garden vacuum you want you need to avoid picking up any solids that aren't vegetable or you'll give the fan a hard time.
With garden vacs the bag gets very heavy with wet stuff and the liquid sprays out too. Don't like them very much!
John :)

I have a workshop with a concrete floor that I have to sweep every day,it gets very dusty....it's a bodyshop.
I was wondering if a leaf blower set to vacuum would pick up the dust better than me....no wet debris at all,just dust and the odd bit of masking tape and paper

With garden vacuums the filtering isn't that great as it doesn't have to be.....it will pick up any dry stuff though. You also have the fumes to consider.
For a bodyshop, I'd be thinking along the lines of a Nilfisk vacuum on a trolley so that the filler dust isn't just deposited elsewhere.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I have a vax drum type for my workshop, it is a wet and dry but i only use it for sawdust etc.

The manual for the Stihl specifically says not to vacuum soil/dirt as it wears out the internals very quickly. Also vacuuming dust will clog the pores in the garden vac bag which I am sure will reduce efficiency over time.

Surely a blower would create clouds of dust?

I agree with the earlier comment about the fumes as well. I'd stick with a normal vac if possible.

i have a makita 4 stroke petrol leaf blower i use it when after i cut the grass to clean up and in the winter for lifting leaves around the garden and its great will lift leaves wet or dry no problem, so if your looking for a leaf blower thats very powerful,light weight,heavy duty then you will want to get yourself a makita 4 stroke petrol leaf blower vac

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back