Cordless leaf blowers - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,
Need to do quite a bit of leaf blowing soon and thinking of a cordless leaf blower. Makita DUB362 36v to be precise.
Are cordless leaf blowers really good enough for wet leaves and collecting a reasonably high volume in one go?
If anyone has experience of the Makita model I'm considering that would be great.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Not tried the makita, but got the husqvarna 36v, which is as good as any petrol handheld, but without the vibrations, exhaust fumes, and much less noise (and cheaper to run!).
For any big blowing jobs though, the 75cc 2 stroke backpack comes out, which has an air speed of over 200mph!

Not tried the makita, but got the husqvarna 36v, which is as good as any petrol handheld, but without the vibrations, exhaust fumes, and much less noise (and cheaper to run!).
For any big blowing jobs though, the 75cc 2 stroke backpack comes out, which has an air speed of over 200mph!

Do you find its good enough for wet leaves on wet grass?

Sponsored Links

Of course that does not mean much. Make the tube narrower at the end and you increase the speed w/out increasing the total force. A better measure is m³/min. My battery powered blower does 130 mph but I would not call it at all powerful

They are designed with dry leaves in mind .

I have a Bosch ALB 18, so less powerful than what you are the OP is thinking about. I have a large garden and mostly use a corded blower but I bought a cordless one to use in awkward to get at places. e.g. under the bushes & trees close to the lawn.

For what I use it for it is good, but I would not try and use it with wet leaves, not with any quantity of even dry leaves.

Last edited:
Used the Makita when I worked at Center Parcs. Very good blower but on highest setting with 2 full batteries they only lasted about an hour. Would recommend it but if you have a large area I would suggest getting a spare set of batteries for back up.

Thanks all. Pulled the trigger on the Makita DUB362. Will be using it Friday on lots of damp oak leaves on grass, so we'll see.....

Used the Makita when I worked at Center Parcs. Very good blower but on highest setting with 2 full batteries they only lasted about an hour. Would recommend it but if you have a large area I would suggest getting a spare set of batteries for back up.

Thats quite encouraging actually. I've got two 4ah batts so should be ok.

Thought I’d provide some feedback.
Brought the Makita DUB362 and am impressed. I use it in a clients very large garden with several massive oak trees.
Power setting 1 is fine for the paved / tarmac areas and max 6 is more than good enough for the grassed areas. Been using it for wet leaves on wet tarmac and wet grass and no issues at all.
Battery life would be an issue if I didn’t have 2x4a and 2x5a batteries as on max power 6 it lasts maybe 20 mins at most so the ability to swap batteries half way through the job is a must. For an average garden there would be no issue with a pair of batteries.
Brought it bare for £110 and am very pleased, great value.
Oh and it pretty quiet, I wear ear defenders but not really needed tbh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back