Leak from big pipe in house - UPDATE on Page 4

Sponsored Links
UPDATE

I've just tested the work by putting on upstairs tap very slowly, and unfortunately it's still leaking. This may completely be my imagination but it seems worse (take that with a pinch of salt).

The housing association (not council as I mistakenly said earlier) have responded to my email by calling me. The lady says it does sound like THEY should be taking responsibility. She's raised a job for someone to come out. (great news I hope).

If this doesn't work out then I'm really not sure what to do:

The H/A are right, and good that they are taking responsibility. Maybe they might reimburse you for your outlay- you can only ask;) There is nothing for you TO do ! None of this is your responsibility. Your goodwill has been misdirected

If the plumber's gold didn't work then it would be the rubber gasket. If that didn't work then contact your local MP and explain there is sewage leaking from your flat to the flat below. I recon it will be fixed by the H/A within 7 days.

A letter from an MP goes a long way.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back