Leak from Tribune cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Tribune unvented tank as can be seen from the attached pictures.

drops.jpg
cylinder.jpg

I am getting frequent leaks/water drops from the set up but I am not able to determine where it is coming from. I believe the most likely source is the lower immersion heater. How does one fix this please? It is a matter of tightening up the immersion heater by turning it clockwise?

Thanks in advance.drops.jpg cylinder.jpg drops.jpg cylinder.jpg

Sponsored Links
It is more likely to be the filling loop above the the immersion.

If it is the immersion, it will require the cylinder draining, the element removing and a new washer fitting. Just cranking it up will probably make the leak worse.

Thanks for the reply. I now think it's the lower immersion heater as a touch around and underneath confirms a slightly greasy wetness on the fingers whilst around the filling loop area is dry. I have both central heating and plumbing/drainage cover - which policy would you think would cover this issue please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It looks as if the right filling loop valve has been left open!

It needs to be at 90 degrees to the line of the pipe to be closed.

Tony

It is difficult to identify leaks exactly sometimes.

But in your case one trick is to tape a piece of newspaper so that it is horizontal and at the top of the lower immersion heater.

If the leak is above then it will show up on the paper if viewed regularly.

It may be more likely to be leaking when the tank is reheating.

Engineer came and confirmed immersion heater, which is on order. Said he would need to drain system as TheRealPIn5 indicated earlier. Just so I can keep him honest, would he have to drain from the point ringed in the picture?

Thanks
outlet.jpg

Poor guy, he's going to try & do the job with your chin on his shoulder!!

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Thought you had insurance, why do you feel you need to be breathing down his neck? Let the poor chap get on with his job, you've already paid for the job to be done so it's not like he can scam you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back