Leak in ceiling, stopped by itself

Sponsored Links
Unless the same person who put that board down did all the others in the house :sneaky:

One of my very first jobs as SE was for a childhood neighbour. He phoned to say water was leaking thro' ceiling after an electrician had done some work. Told him I was on my way but to phone the Sparks, if he wanted him to foot the bill. But my bill was to the homeowner. I got there, and he would not let me start until the Sparks had arrived. I said the clock has started.

There was a board with a nail through a pipe at every joist. Bang centre. the sparks insisted they were not his nails, as he only nails to the side, one per joist, alternating each joist. Eventually the punter admitted that he thought that was not enough, and added a few more :).

Amazingly, the electrician agreed to foot half the bill, presumably because of his one nail per joist policy, and a need to not get a bad name. I had never met that electrician, but still use him now.

Sponsored Links
I once drained a hot water cylinder and thee water went through the lounge light fitting which was in the extension the plumber had not lengthened the drain down line he put in.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back