Leak on Danesmoor 15/19 Pump/Burner Unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone advise : I have a 30 year old Danesmoor that has started to leak around what seems to be a graduated 'Jubilee Clip' at the junction between pump and burner. My boiler maintenance engineer could not find it and he is costing me a lot of money! :(

Do I need a new pump - and if so, can one get such a thing for an old boiler. the burner is an Inter (?). Boiler S No 78101205.

By the way Burnerman and Oilhead both gave excellent advice on lockout earlier in year. Problem revealed baffles had dropped to bottom of boiler. When replaced efficiency rose from 75% to 85%.

Thanks in advance -would welcome someone in Gloucestershire to fix leak before Christmas. :D

Sponsored Links
Hello again!
Your burner is the Inter B9B, and you can get all of the parts for it.
The pump is a Danfoss BFP41L3 (L for direction of rotation).
These pumps are driven directly from the back of the electric motor and if there's oil around the joint area then its a fair assumption that the seals on the pump input shaft have called it a day. (I hope this is what you mean...)!
the seals are actually available but if the pump is getting on a bit then I'd renew it.....its a fairly expensive one at around £80 I think, and of course the pressure would need setting afterwards.
A couple of allen grub screws hold the pump in position, and there's a small plastic dog that connects the pump to the motor.
John :)

I'm just thinking, if your boiler is as old as that then maybe it has the earlier Electro burner.......motor one end, fan in the middle, motor on the other side?
Maybe the jubilee clip you refer to is actually the air access slot with its markings....no matter, the same applies regarding the pump but it probably won't be the BFP41.
Post back with a picture if you can?
John :)

Sponsored Links
At that age it is more likely to be an Inter 10 or 11.
These were fitted with MSLA or MS11 pumps.
Replace it with a BFP 21L3 but you will need a hub adaptor kit, and coil lead if MSLA.
The oil feed to burner will need "Adjusting" to shape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back