leak on near tap of boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its leaking from the right yellow marker and now tightened it up. leak seems to have stopped. Yellow marker on left shows rust where its obviously been doing it a while. pressure only stopped hot water today. called boiler company as its got years left on the warranty and will hopefully arrange a plumber soon. that was before i found where it was leaking from. Now who is responsible for it it? us or the manufacture? Manufacture will come out and even if it not their fault said no fee but will advise on what to do next. if this is me what do i need to do?

thank you.
boiler.jpg

Sponsored Links
For a start your filling valve has been left in the open position.

This has probably caused water to leak internally.

As well as risked creating sludge from all the new oxygen brought into the system.

Its also a non compliant filling loop. As well as a terrible mess on the wall behind! Not what I would call a very good or careful installation! Were they British and Gas Safe registration?

What is the boiler make with such a helpful attitude of no charges for a warranty visit?

Tony

For a start your filling valve has been left in the open position.

This has probably caused water to leak internally.

As well as risked creating sludge from all the new oxygen brought into the system.

Its also a non compliant filling loop. As well as a terrible mess on the wall behind! Not what I would call a very good or careful installation! Were they British and Gas Safe registration?

What is the boiler make with such a helpful attit ude of no charges for a warranty visit?

Tony
Thanks Tony. turned it off.

im assuming then the plumber who did this should replace it for free? British and gas safe i asked for his info and plumber of my mothers best friend for a number of years.

it was only serviced last year and no one said anything. gonna get serviced next month

Sponsored Links
My view is that they should.

But then I have done the Water Regulations course and try to keep up to date with the latest requirements.

But even so I would say that about a third of those I see are non compliant like yours!

Yours is about half the price of the proper ones so the installer makes a saving at your cost.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back