Leak y Boiler fixed - now radiators coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone provide advice? I recently had a leak from a boiler and called a plumber who fixed it by replacing the AAV, he filled the system and vented radiators. Adjacent to cylinder no pump overrun on boiler. (doesn't mean very much to me!).

The leak stopped however immediately after he left the radiators started coming on with the hot water automatic settings even though the radiators weren't set to come on. I called him back out (at my cost) assuming the problem was connected however I have been told that this is a completely separate problem and the timing was completely coincidental. He said it was a suspect airlock in system and did something to fix it, but there are two radiators which are still coming on when the hot water comes on.

Anyone have any advice? Is the plumber correct? What should I do next? Am I getting ripped of by the plumber?

It is a potterton suprima.

Sponsored Links
A Suprima does not have an internal AAV.

It sounds as if you have a leaking motor valve!

I am not impressed by your plumber's diagnostic skills!

You may be better with a heating engineer!

Tony

Thanks tony, do you think the problem with the radiators is connected to what the fix they did with the radiators?

I don't see any obvious connection between replacing an AAV and a leaking motor valve!

Tony

Sponsored Links
This is a site for users to ask for technical advice , it is not a site where you ask if your professional tradesman that has attended your property has done anything wrong and Tony should not be advising you in any way as to what your engineer did or did not do as he was never on site and can not offer a professional opinion unless he was

Bit harsh! Tony didn't have to reply and obvs wasn't on site and obvs bloke who enployed plumber doesn't know much about plumbing, so that makes it a fair question, surely?

Hi, I do apologise for the way I asked the question. I have never used the site before and was after advise as have had a tradesman round and problem still not fixed and didn't know how to proceed.

Appreciated Tony's comments, didn't mean to cause a problem.

I don't see anything wrong with what you asked. Its a common question which householders often ask.

You know that I have not been there and that I can only comment on what you have told us!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back