Problem with 1 radiator not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the weekend we had a plumber come round and take off the small radiator from our ensuite and fit a towel radiator.

I'm abit unsure as he never put the heating on to test etc so when he went we switched the heating on to make sure all was ok.

We've noticed that the small radiator opposite the cylinder is no longer coming on.

I've gone round and bleed the radiators and water is coming out apart from the new towel radiator which hissed for a few seconds then water.

Any ideas? My friend said the plumber should have drained the system? Or might have caused an airlock?

Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Any ideas? My friend said the plumber should have drained the system? Or might have caused an airlock?

Any advice please?

Turning all the other radiators to off, then running the system with just that one radiator turned on, should clear an airlock - if that is the issue.

Sponsored Links
Turning all the other radiators to off, then running the system with just that one radiator turned on, should clear an airlock - if that is the issue.
Will try again in morning we did shut all the radiators off but we had the heating on prior for about 15 mins, we left the 1 radiator open but it didn't heat up.

I've tried bleeding it but it's just water that comes out.

The lockshield valve is probably closed, should be fairly simple to open it up with an adjustable wrench or even the plastic valve cap, provided the valve cap is not spinning freely

Are both valves open?

Andy
On the radiator? The one on the right is open hopefully, not sure what the thing on the left is?

IMG_20220912_222511.jpg
IMG_20220912_222600.jpg

The lockshield valve is probably closed, should be fairly simple to open it up with an adjustable wrench or even the plastic valve cap, provided the valve cap is not spinning freely
Is this the lockshield valve? Does it get stuck off sometimes?

IMG_20220912_222600.jpg

Last edited:
The TRV might be stuck. Could be worthwhile taking off the TRV head and tap the metal valve.

If this radiator has been working previously, then you should not need to adjust the lockshield valve
Thanks will give this ago in the morning. We've got the plumber coming back anyway as the new towel radiator has a slow drip

The TRV might be stuck. Could be worthwhile taking off the TRV head and tap the metal valve.

If this radiator has been working previously, then you should not need to adjust the lockshield valve
That was the problem thank you the pin seemed to be stuck down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back