leaking asbestos roof can i use corrugated pvc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My asbestos roof in garage is leaking from two places, it seems this has happened before and just bought this property a year ago, it seems one side of the roof has a felt job done and it is still leaking.

From the inside there are few places where there are big internal damages where it is leaking from. I am looking to do a bigger job and getting rid of garage for future extention hence dont want to spent alot.

I have tried flexacryl repair from screfix but i think because of the felt i cant seem to see where water is getting in from and leaking. On one section i did a internal job and leak has stopped for now, but one section there is a bigger damage from inside hence cant do that.

So question is can use a corrugated pvc sheet and some how have it stuck on the roof?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
It would cost you a fortune to dump the asbestos, special skips, clothing, forms galore to fill in.
You could bolt timber joists through asbestos & fix the PVC to that but remember any work with asbestos is hazardous & the full area needs cleaned & vaccumed after. Remember to wear face mask, gloves ect

Hi
It would cost you a fortune to dump the asbestos, special skips, clothing, forms galore to fill in.
You could bolt timber joists through asbestos & fix the PVC to that but remember any work with asbestos is hazardous & the full area needs cleaned & vaccumed after. Remember to wear face mask, gloves ect

I'm repairing asbestos roof sheets all the time, i have seen plastic put over the top of existing asbestos sheeting.
Thing is, you have to have the sheet pretty clean to allow the plastic to fit into the laps on the asbestos sheets. Obviously removing the retaining hook bolts or whatever's holding them down first.

What i find is not much wants to stick to the old sheeting, and wire brushing that stuff is a bit iffy !. But even old asbestos sheets i work on seem to be fairly clean underneath. I find flashband torched on fixes the splits in the sheets.

Sponsored Links
Hi

It's free at council tips.They just insist you double wrap it like i did with mine.
Then you give your name & address & thats it....simples

Just noticed Scotland so they might shaft you :eek:

Private individuals can as you say take it double wrapped to their local recycle depot.
Different local authorities have differing criteria.

Contractors at our local tip would be shot on sight. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back