Leaking Bath Screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have had a bath screen installed by a guy who used to work for Homeserve. We're both struggling to stop it leaking. It's a Cassellie CEL001 which I bought from a local plumbers merchant.

The issue is that there is a gap between the hinge and the door; there is a plastic seal inside the bit that fixes to the wall but it doesn't touch the round bit attached to the door. So water gets through this small gap, runs down, and leaks out. I've attached a picture (see the gap where the phone is not reflected off the chrome mounts! You can see the plastic seal on hte right hand side of the gap and the pivot on the left).

Is this a bad design or a bad installation? I asked the fitter and he thinks there may have been a part missing, perhaps a strip to go over the inside of the pivot to close the gap. We're asking the plumbers merchant but no joy so far!

Thanks, Paul.

Attachments

• 2640.jpeg
    2640.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 216
Sponsored Links
Cassellie have a technical helpline - 0845 521 2490

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back