leaking boss on soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
plz someone help me i recently whilest instaling a new shower tray i acedentlly broke the glued t fitting connected to the soil stack. the t piece was a 4 inch connection that t'd of to a inch and half fitting unfortunatlly it was the inch and half fitting that broke so i cut of the broken peice and drilled a hole in to the t peice to try and resolve the problem with a strap on boss. the boss is now leakng and set fast to the pipe with solvent weld. the biggest pain is the space i have to work with im very hamperd by the amount of space to work with as the pice in qeustion is between to floor joists on the second floor and also as its the stack its away in the corner iv tryed stickinh lots of silicon on it but in one swift swoop all of that came of in one swift pull today as i saw it was still leaking. plz help me is there anything i can do or do i just need to cut and bruise myself trying to cut this pipe and lift it to put a whole new peice in? lmao also running up the stack the mains and hot water pipe and about 6 alarm cables.
oh also the t peice isnt a push fit but is the glued type at both ends

its a big job if i have to replace the walls have been tiled and a vanity unit also hampers my working space

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a photo or two so that we can see what you're having to deal with?

ok ill try n get some.

but its a very small leak and i could leave it and it should just fall to the underfloor as the gaps in the floor for the pipe to go down. but thats not right. give me your email ill send pics

Sponsored Links
Try wiping some Polypipe gap-filling solvent over the outside. Dry/clean it first.

thanks m8 iv never seen that stuff before i usually do the full works and rip the **** out and start again with new stuff but as iv already neared completion of this project that happens and its a pure knightmare. but ill try that i think i might try some of that bath fix epoxy thing to if the poly plumb dont work.

TRY........cleaning the area with a (solvent weld ) degreaser and then try Neutral curing silicone

well the moment of truth will soon be upon us. after buying some polypipe solvent cleaner, polypipe gap filling cement witch by the way im sure must be banned.

i thought about this alot and decided the best course of action would be to first of all pour to big pans of boiling hot water down the sink and the working the fitting with a hair dryer for over ten minutes. i used the cleaner and then the gap filling cement.

the thing that made me think was that i asked a few plumbers merchants about gap filling cement no one had heard of it and my local supplier whom i most commanly use actually had one half used tube lying around the place somewhwhere so they dug it out for me.

im sure they must have banned this stuff.

the warning on the back said that it may form a peroxide explosive, and also to use away from areas where static discharge may be possible.

the stuff got me out my tits and i had to take about fifteen minutes to recover but it went on like the **** and it must work i cant see it not.

haha the worst part was it also said give 24 hours before using the pipe again

Know what you mean. Last time I used it was up a ladder, next to some roofers who were hot-tarring. Bit of a heady mix. :eek:

It's standard stock in the City Plumbing branches. Polypipe often doesn't fit very well so some people use it as the standard solvent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back